Week 18 of 52
2003 P Street NW
3232 M Street NW
Type of Establishment: Pizzeria with a focus on beer.
BEERS ON TAP (at time of visit) —>
among about 30 others….
Mikkeller 10 Hop IPA (this is all of the single hop beers rolled into one)
among about 20 others….
FOOD OPTIONS: Appetizers consisting of cured meats, breads, cheeses, pickled veggies and PIZZA. Beer and PIZZA. PIZZZZA. The pizza was great, soft, fluffy crust. Perfecto!
During our whirlwind trip of DC, we managed to stop at both of the Pizzeria Paradiso locations. First up, after walking what felt like 5 miles pulling luggage along with us, we sat down on the outside patio at Pizzeria Paradiso in Dupont Circle. It was a beautiful day and I basked in the sun while enjoying a Mikkeller 10 Hop IPA and Founder’s Stout, both on tap. Nothing in the bottle amazed us/we have had most things on the list, so we opted for these two amazing drafts. I sat in our Nation’s capital with a hoppy, smooth IPA and a well-baked, perfectly proportionate pizza.
After a trip to Middleburg, Virginia to see two good friends tie the knot, we travelled back to DC and visited Birreria Paradiso. The top floor mimics the sister restaurant, a family style pizzeria. We headed directly to the basement, “the beer basement.” With brick walls, this cool, dark “cellar” sent us into a time warp as we ended up spending 4 hours there. A Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown, a Flying Dog Raging Bitch (Belgium IPA)- both on tap and Stoud’s Double IPA (sweet and amazing) and Bell’s Expedition Stout (black in color, coffee favors, down right delicious) from the bottle topped off our Sunday afternoon.
Rarely do you get the chance to indulge in pizza with the likes of an amazing bottle and tap list. At both locations, my desires were fulfilled. As I mentioned, they are very family friendly but the pizza is damn good. I havent mentioned staff, because in all honesty, they were not overly attentive to our beer needs. These places were packed and the focus is not on beer, it’s on pizza and families. These places are worth a trip when travelling to DC. Also around the corner from Pizzeria Paradiso is Brickskeller talk about a bottle list!!!
- Why We Died: Burial Beer Co Comes to Life.: Wondering where the hell we went? 14 Months ago, the Beer Blotter te... bit.ly/VtJebx 3 years ago
- Wow. It's been awhile. Your @beerblotter team has gone crazy and started @burialbeer. Follow us as we meticulously craft beer in Asheville. 3 years ago
- @EricWilkinson @beerblog Check out @LazyBoyBrewing 3 years ago
- The Homebrewer’s Brain – Nut Brown Ale: Note: if this is your first time reading The Homebrewer’s Brain, please ... bit.ly/NxqXmO 3 years ago
- The Homebrewer’s Brain – A Comparison of 2-Row and 6-Row: It seems to me that a lot of homebrewers stay away fro... bit.ly/LjXStY 3 years ago